Calling all Mac & Cheese fans! - I made an indulgent Macaroni Cheese with @denhaybacon and pine nuts this weekend and it was delicious! @denhaybacon is produced at Denhay Farm in Devon – they pride themselves on producing succulent and flavoursome bacon from British outdoor bred pork which comes from producers inspected to RSPCA welfare standards. Denhay also are also creators of ‘Bacon By Nature’: the result of combining simple ingredients from nature using their own plant-based cure without the use of artificial nitrites. It’s available to buy from @waitroseandpartners and @sainsburys
Serves 6 people Prep 15 minutes Cook 20 minutes
One pack of Denhay bacon by Nature
30g pine nuts
400g macaroni or other short pasta
300ml double cream
200ml crème fraiche
175g mature cheddar
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the pine nuts in a dry frying pan, gently toast for 2-3 mins, then tip onto a plate. In the same pan, add the @denhaybacon and cook for a few mins until crisp.
2. Boil water and cook macaroni for 10-12 minutes.
3. Add the double cream crème fraîche and half the cheese in a saucepan, stir together and gently warm through until the cheese has melted.
4. Tip the macaroni into a large dish, stir in the cheese sauce and sprinkle the roasted pine nuts and @denhaybacon over the top. Scatter over the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 20 mins until the top is golden and bubbling.
& inspiration from the