Join us in celebrating King Charles III Coronation with this special breakfast/brunch recipe, prepared using our award-winning smoked back bacon which we’ve been supplying to his royal household for over 20 years.
King’s Coronation Recipe
Irish Soda Bread, Poached Free Range Egg, Asparagus, Hollandaise Sauce, Denhay Smoked Back Bacon
Serves 4 people Prep 10 minutes Cook 10-15 minutes
1. Prepare, then blanch your asparagus in salted boiling water, cool down quickly in cold water, drain and set aside.
2. Clarify 200g of the butter (melt the butter in a pan and separate milk solids from the butterfat).
3. Separate 2 eggs, put the yolks into a glass bowl. Add 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar to the egg yolks and whisk over a hot water bath. Whisk until they become light and fluffy.
4. Remove from heat, gradually add the clarified butter whisking continuously until thick and creamy. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside.
5. Cook your Denhay bacon how you like it, grilled or fried.
6. Cut your soda bread and fry in butter or toast. Reheat the asparagus in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
7. Poach the egg how you like it.
8. Plate up your dish with the soda bread, asparagus, and bacon, then the poached egg. Coat the egg with hollandaise sauce and garnish with pea shoots or rocket leaves.
a case of DENHAY
Simply register below for a chance to win a case of award-winning Denhay bacon.
Prize Draw closes 31/08/2023. UK residents only. 18+ to enter. Case of bacon contains 5 packs from the Denhay bacon range. 5 cases to be won. View full terms & conditions.
the full Denhay range
& inspiration from the